Talking with my new boss
Jane…..Are you free now ?
- Yes, I am.
Will you come to my office now please ?
- Yes, David , I’ll be there a moment.
So, Jane How are you settling in?
- Everything seems to be fine.
Have you got everything you need?
- No,not yet I need to go to stationery department.
About the contract
Have you read and signed your contract yet?
Do you understand the terms of conditions?
- How long does the probation period last?
The probation period lasts for 3 months.
- And then, what happen ?
I will review your performance.
- Can you tell me what parts of my performance you will look at?
Yes, I will look at your punctuality work performance and your relations with me.
- What happen not to pass my probation?
If you do not have, then you will need to find another job.
- Do I get the second chance here?
No, I am sorry, you do not have second chance.
Question about office policy
- And what is the yearly evaluation?
Ever year you will evaluate your performance. Then I will decide whether or not
You deserve a pay raise.
- Does the company also provide medical insurance?
- How much holiday time am I allowed?
You are allowed two weeks every year.
As the world becomes additional world and integrated community, English language plays a vital role in connecting people and their ideas to at least one another. www.maungmaungone.com is created by Sayar Maung Maung One. My goal is, the people of Myanmar need to develop English Language must be supported as much as I can. Its purpose was to help expand learner access to the Basic English. I would like to give our special thanks to BBC, VOA for graciously allowing us to use their news stories as a basis of our learning activities. Their stories, photos and videos have made learning interesting and appropriate for adults.