1. Hector decided not to use a map; consequently, he got lost and never found his way out of the forest. There he died.
2. The United States suffered terribly under incompetent Republican leadership during the 2000s; consequently, the Democrats easily won in the November 2008 elections.
3. Hector was a very good student who studied constantly; consequently, he found a very good job after he graduated from college.
1. Unless she can control her anger, she won't be able to keep her job.
2. He'll hurt himself unless he's very careful.
3. Nguyen will come to class early tomorrow unless the bus is late.
4. She'll continue to have problems with her teeth unless she gives up drinking sugary soft drinks and eating candy.
5. Unless the restaurant can improve its business, it will have to close.